Doctorant / Assistant Professor of Marketing, National University of Singapore Business School
Université Côte d’Azur
Discipline : Sciences de l’Information et de la Communication
Ecole Doctorale : Sociétés, Humanités, Arts et Lettres
Sujet de thèse : Le rôle de la communication politique dans l’idolâtrie des leaders
Sous la direction de Philippe J. Maarek
2021 – : Ph,D., Université Côte d’Azur
2013 – 2016 : Ph.D., EM Strasbourg Business School- University of Strasbourg, Strasbourg – France
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY :
- Senior Lecturer- Assistant Professor at National University of Singapore, Singapore (since July 2021)
- Assistant Professor- Chair of the Marketing and Innovation Department at University of Balamand, Lebanon (September 2016 – June 2021)
- Lecturer at EM Strasbourg Business School, Strasbourg- France (2013 – 2016)
- Visiting Scholar-Fulbright Program at Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana (June 2019 – October 2019)
- Visiting Professor at University of Paris-Nanterre, Paris- France (February 2020 – June 2020)
- Visiting Professor at Australian College of Kuwait, Kuwait City (January 2021 – June 2021)
- Visiting Professor at Dar Hekma University, Jeddah- Saudi Arabia (August 2020 – December 2020)
RESEARCH INTERESTS :
Service Marketing; Consumer Behavior; Technology Marketing; Marketing Education
- Elhajjar, S. (2022). An Investigation of Consumers’ Negative Attitudes towards Banks. Corporate Reputation Review.
- Elhajjar, S. (2021). Use of Social Media in Healthcare. Healthcare Marketing Quarterly.
- Elhajjar, S. & Yakoub, L. (2021). How Do Hotels in Developing Countries Manage the Impact of COVID-19? The Case of Lebanese Hotels. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management
- Elhajjar, S., Kaskas, M., & Tlaiss, S. (2021). Investigating the causes and consequences of addiction to high-Tech brands. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 1-14.
- Elhajjar, S. (2021), Digital Marketing Jobs: What Are Recruiters Looking For? Journal of International Education for Business, 1-7.
- Elhajjar, S., Karam, S., & Borna, S. (2020). Artificial intelligence in marketing education programs, Marketing Education Review, 1-12.
- Elhajjar, S. (2020), Attitudes toward Femvertising in the Middle East: The Case of Lebanon. Journal of Islamic Marketing.
- Elhajjar, S. & Ouaida, F. (2020), Identifying the drivers of resistance to corporate social responsibility: the case of Lebanese SMEs, Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management,
- Elhajjar, S. (2020), Examining Lebanese consumers’ negative attitudes toward banks, International Journal of Bank Marketing, Vol. 38 No. 7, pp. 1511-1528. .
- El Hajjar, S. (2020), An Exploratory Study on Social Media Addiction, International Journal of Technology Marketing.
- Elhajjar, S. & Ouaida, F. (2019), An Analysis of the Factors Affecting the Mobile Banking Adoption, International Journal of Bank Marketing.
- Elhajjar, S. & Ouaida, F. (2018), Assessing e-commerce productivity for French micro-firms using propensity score matching, Economics Ejournal, No. 2018-66
- El Hajjar, S. & Dekhili, S. (2018), La contestation de la publicité environnementale : perceptions des consommateurs et point de vue des professionnels. Gestion 2000. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3917/g2000.351.0123
- Elhajjar, S & Dekhili, S. (2015), Could the greenbashing be a solution for the environmental advertising failures? Journal of Marketing trends.
- El Hajjar, S. (in press), The Impact of Electronic Word of Mouth on Brand Relationship and Purchase Intention: The Case of the Smartphone Industry, International Journal of Business Innovation and Research.
Under Review :
- « The Impact of COVID-19 on Marketing for Higher Education Institutions in Developing Countries: The Case of Lebanon ». Minor Revisions.
« Why Do Consumers Negatively Evaluate Green Advertising? A study on the case of French consumers ». Journal of Strategic Marketing. Under 2nd round review.
« An Investigation of Factors Affecting the Post-Adoption Behavior of Mobile Banking ». Journal of Financial Services Marketing. Under 2nd round review.
« Towards a Better Understanding of the Concept of Revenge against Banks ». Journal of Service Research
- Elhajjar, S. (2018), The Political Marketing Guide, Atlantic publishers.
- Elhajjar, S. (2016), 50 Short Stories and Examples Explaining Basic Concepts in Marketing.
Refereed Conference Proceedings :
- Elhajjar, S et al. (2022). « Investigating Consumer Choice Criteria for Free Services ». Association of Marketing Theory and Practice Conference
- Elhajjar, S. (2020), An Exploratory Study on Social Media Addiction. American Marketing Association: Marketing and Public Policy Conference.
- Elhajjar, S (2020), How Electronic Word of Mouth Influence Brand Relationship and Purchase Intention. Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference.
- El Hajjar, S. & Dekhili, S. (2018), Why Do Consumers Negatively Evaluate Green Advertising? AMS Congress, June, Porto.
- Elhajjar, S. (2018), Drivers of resistance to Lebanese political marketing campaigns: An exploratory analysis, 16th Annual International Conference on Marketing, July, Athens.
- Elhajjar, S & Dekhili, S. (2018), Examining The Impact of Provocation in Green Advertising On Consumers’ Attitudes and Perceptions, International Marketing Trends Congress, January, Paris.
- Elhajjar, S & Ouaida, F. (2018), How French consumers perceive the ethnic products: the case of Nike Hijab, International Marketing Trends Congress, January, Paris.
- Elhajjar, S & Dekhili, S. (2017), Can we use the provocation in the green advertising, AFM Congress, May, Tours.
- Elhajjar, S & Dekhili, S. (2016), The effectiveness conditions for a responsible environmental communication, International Marketing Trends Congress, 21, 22, 23, January, Venice.
- Elhajjar, S & Dekhili, S. (2015), Vers une meilleure compréhension de la contestation de la publicité environnementale : point de vue des contestataires et avis des experts, Aderse, 19,20, March, Strasbourg.
- Elhajjar, S & Dekhili, S. (2015), Could the greenbashing be a solution for the environmental advertising failures? International Marketing Trends Congress, 24, 25 January, Paris.